Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Story and conseptual art

I mentioned in my last entry, I haven't been able to draw very much, because I've been writing a story.  The title of the story is called "the Wish Bringer", which is about a guy, who grants wishes in exchange for people's souls.  Here is a small section of the story as well as some conceptual art work.


Lapis:  “I really don’t remember a lot of things.  One day I just woke up, as though I was born again.  I was in a strange pace, with no idea of who I was, not even my name.  Someone I met mentioned how mysterious I was and that my eyes shone like a lapis lazuli.  So I ended up calling myself Lapis, like the stone.
Despite not knowing anything I had really strong drive, like I was meant to do something more with my life, so I travelled in pursuit of answers.  Who was I and what was I doing… or rather what was I supposed to do.  Lately I’ve begun to remember things, beautiful yet strange.

I am haunted by fragmented visions of a wonderful, yet frightening place.  Yet it feels so distant to me, almost as if these fantastical dreams are not my own, like they belong to someone else.
I keep seeing a girl.  I feel as though I should know her, but I don’t.  Like I said before, I don’t remember a lot… but I think she’s someone I left behind.
I have no idea who she is and what her connection to me is, but I do have a clue.  It’s like a promise, a song that keeps playing in my head.
‘By myself I am only half
I cannot live without you
Precious like a friend, we are closer than sisters
Though separated, our bonds shall never break,
I love you the most, yet I also hate you the most’

It’s such a strange riddle; I really can’t figure it out.  I think she needs me… who ever she is.”


Tattoo design


tattoo with cut

website for one of the bands in the story
costume design for Lapis


No comments:

Post a Comment