Friday, November 23, 2012

resin cast

These two pictures here, show the 2 halfs of the laytex mould.  They worked well, however the thickness are uneven and kind of ugly.  I read that some people use lego blocks to build the outside walls (instead of cardboard), because they are even, can be broken down easily and are re-usable.  I think I might try that technique at a later date.
Then I poured some resin into one half and shook it to make a hollow cast. 
(A hollow cast is when you coat the outsides of the mould so that the inside is hollow).
The resin I usually use takes about a day to dry, however I used a different type of resin this time that only takes 5 MINUTES to dry.  That's crazy!!

So crazy that the resin dried before I finished the pour, so i'm going to try it a second time.



the front
half the back is missing
my fork dried like this within 3 mins


No comments:

Post a Comment